Thursday, January 15, 2009

Week 1

ASSIGNMENT-Set up blog

CRAFT-I found a photo of myself on myspace, then followed the instructions given to us.

COMPOSITION- Why this photo? I choose this photo for two simple reasons.  It is a recognizable image of my face and it still has a bit of flare to it.  It's not just a random picture of me.  I actually use the original version of this picture for many of my projects because the expression on my face is almost indecipherable but still comes across as positive.  I choose this template again for simple reasons.  The main reason is just that, because it's simple and easy to read, but I felt a plain white template would be lacking ANY sense of style, so i choose the simple black background.

CONCEPT-Who are you?  I am many different things, but mostly I'm a design student who feels  he has something to prove.  There have been many obstacles between where I was and where I am now, and there are even more to come.  Don't get me wrong I am one of the most easy going people on the planet, but when it comes to what I want out of life and out of my future career, I will not settle for less until I get what I want.

What makes you the happiest? To create, period.  I cannot imagine myself in a career where I am not exercising my creative nature.  I have pursued several other possible occupations where creative expression is lacking and found myself unable to adapt to that kind of environment. I need to create.

Where did you come from?  I actually come from a heritage of artists on both sides of my family, creativity is in my blood.  I've been raised to embrace my creative nature.  Everyone has their talents and skills, and mine has always been my ability to think in a way that most cannot.

When were you last tested?  This might sound cliche, but I feel that I'm tested every day.  Life can be a competition sometimes, especially when you don't even know it.

Why did you get out of bed this morning?....To let the dog out....No, but seriously.  Like I said, for my own reasons I feel like I have something to prove, and the world of design is a very competitive place.  I don't believe I am ready yet to try to make my place in the world, I still have alot to learn, but I'm very anxious to learn it.

How do you get what you want?  I have adopted a recent philosophy.  Sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you've worked for something. Sometimes it doesn't matter if you made all the right decisions.  Sometimes it doesn't matter if you're the best at what you do.  Sometimes all of that isn't good enough.  Sometimes if you want something bad enough, you just have to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment